Friday, April 19, 2013

Blake Shelton racist rant on Facebook


Blake Shelton is one of the most popular judges on the NBC hit reality television show “The Voice,” but tonight the country superstar is making headlines for a different reason; racism.  Shelton vented his frustration on racism on social media on April 18, with a rant on Facebook that included a recommendation for the perpetrator(s) to “get back on the boat.”
He wrote, “if you're on my Facebook being racist in the time line I will definitely be deleting you, just because you're black doesn't mean you can be racist against white people this is America and over here we love and accept all nationalities that's why we have a black president. So if you feel the need to be racist please get back on the boat you came off of, go back to your country and send us back someone who will appreciate the opportunities America can provide. Racisim (sic) is unacceptable no matter what color you are! I hope you got my message. Thank you[.]”

In response to multiple comments regarding his rant, Shelton clarified his original post about the “boat.”  He quipped, “People of all nationalities came to America by boat, that's why I have said the boat part on my last status. If you can't keep up, don't get in!! Subject closed[.]”
Following an overwhelming response to both posts, Shelton noted “There needs to be an app that edits what I say versus what I want to say!!!!!”

As they say in show business, all publicity is good publicity and even Shelton acknowledged this on the social media site, with a shout out to fellow country star Brad Paisley.  “Hey @BradPaisley.. Just remember ‘The more they run my name down the more my price goes up[.]’”
If his other posts are any indication, this story will play out on social media for a while and his wife Miranda Lambert may jump in with an opinion or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment